Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wanderlust....

I have been envying this friend of mine since the past few days. She travels the bloody globe, seeing so many new places, meeting so many new people, cuisines, cultures its the stuff of my dreams. Now I feel the urge to become part of a TV channel show that takes you around the world and does all that they do.

It began one evening two weeks ago, when I went to a local hookah place to listen to this band called Anatolian Fusion. Funky name, but it was essentially Turkish. Such amazing music....I went up to them and asked for a CD. I have to get it yet, but hell......it made me realize how much fun these nations would be to go to.

I've been doing my bit to satisfy the wanderlust in me, been to 5 different cities in an equal number of weekends, and felt the urge to blog from each of them but I have just been too lazy!! I had my 5th official trip to NYC and I continue my love-hate with it. DC is charming and tolerable, but just so. Pittsburgh was a surprise..it helped that they had summer bands and events going on and the day was pretty fine, but what with its cruises, and clubs and other fun stuff to do it just made me want to extend my trip. No I didn't go to the temple, but I would have wanted to go there coz I hear the Udipi next to it awesome :D :D Philadelphia was such a whirlwind trip, left at 5am back at 2 am but we did a crazy amount of things in that 22 hr period. Old city, parks, Rocky-style running, futuristic (and reallly expensive restaurant) we went through the whole gamut. Not to mention the riverfront bazaar and the bike parade and the fact that everyone remained a sport on the hot day. Capped by Montreal last weekend....ohh I loved that city (Haven't I said it for all of them?) US meets- Europe, and the purpose I was there for made it all the more special. Hordes o people from all over the globe had descended to watch Formula 1 and the festive atmosphere it gave to the place was absolutely amazing. Hot cars, hot chicks - a word about them - it wasn't only those who came for the race, regular, average Canadian girls were so strikingly pretty and beautiful - absolutely no comparison to the US. Ok, a lot of words happened, but yes, a random google search listed Montreal as the 8th global city with the most beautiful girls and Heaven knows I agree !! Back to the cars..and the clubbing.....and the street stuff....words don't do it justice so I will put up an album link up here, but the shivers you get from an F1 car passing 2 feet in front of you are so different yet equal in intensity to those you get when you hear David Guetta in a club or see an Audi R8 out on the streets or see a bunch of regular race-heads smoking their tires in stand-still traffic.

I still have to become that smart traveler that travels everywhere in minimum $$s, but I hope that's coming up next coz this is burning a hole in my pocket ! This weekend trip to DC shall hopefully be the last of my summer wanderings coz I need to start earning my pay now, but damnnnn, I want to travel to Florida and California.For me, the journey AND destination counts :( :( and its not either or.

Ms. Mehta, you have my respect and my envy !!!!

1 comment:

Shar said...

you know, a wise person once told me that if you haven't been to california, you haven't seen a thing! so, here i am spreading her "message to the world".. step outside the box a little, go explore the bay area. and believe me, you will not be able to thank me enough! and what better weekend than two weekends from now? :P

ps: #1 = sce? loll